What is an ENERGY STAR® home?
In the world of appliances, ENERGY STAR® is not only a commonly recognized certification, it is a demanded feature of the purchase process. This is because this certification assures the consumer that their product will perform to high standards while reducing the energy costs to do so. ENERGY STAR rated homes are no different. If your home is ENERGY STAR certified you know your home is built from the ground up with best building practices, comfort, efficiency, and durability as priorities.
Why choose ENERGY STAR® for your new home:
- More Comfort for your Family – Building an ENERGY STAR home means a tighter, less leaky one. This means more of the temperature-regulated air within your home will stay, keeping your home cozy and comfortable. Ask anyone who lives in an ENERGY STAR certified home to go back to their old home. You’ll likely hear that there’s no way they’ll give up the comfort that came with the ENERGY STAR label on their new home. From the moment you walk in the door of an ENERGY STAR certified home, you’ll see, feel, and hear the difference.
- Peace of Mind – Your ENERGY STAR home will provide healthier indoor air quality for your family, so you can breathe easier. With the ENERGY STAR label on a new home, homeowners can be confident that it will deliver. When ENERGY STAR requirements are applied to new home construction, an integrated approach to design combined with tried-and-true best building practices adds up to a durable, comfortable home with reduced utility and maintenance costs. All ENERGY STAR certified homes have undergone more inspections and testing than typical homes to ensure that they are built to higher standards.
- Lower Energy Bills – ENERGY STAR certified new homes offer better energy efficiency and performance compared to other homes, making them a better value for today and a better investment for tomorrow. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 20 – 30 % less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
- Increased Property Value – For every $1 in reduced energy costs your home provides the resale value of your home increases by $20. If you save $500/yr, your home’s value may increase by $10,000.
- Durability – Through the use of a Water Management System, an ENERGY STAR home provides protection against structural water damage, ensuring a long life for the home.
- Third Party Verification – For a newly built home to be labeled as ENERGY STAR it has to be verified by an accredited third-party who has been certified through ENERGY STAR. This means each step of the building process, from plans analysis to a final blower door test, is independently verified as having met ENERGY STAR requirements.
Serving Western Colorado and Eastern Utah since 2009.